- Pin Oak 2017 $30,000 Hildebrand Fund Grand Prix
- Pin Oak 2017 $50,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby
- $30,000 Amalaya Investments/Oasis Petroleum Grand Prix
- Valobra Holiday Celebration 2016
- What to Wear 2016
- What to Wear Champagne Reception and Luncheon 2016
- Pin Oak at Neiman Marcus 2016
- Kick Off at Houston Club 2017
- Ronald McDonald Check Presentation 2016
- Texas Children Check Presentation 2016
- $30,000 Walter Oil & Gas Grand Prix
- $30,000 Valobra Hunter Derby 2016
- $30,000 Hildebrand Fund Grand Prix 2016
- Sponsor Party at the home of Jana & Scotty Arnoldy
- Pin Oak Valobra Christmas 2015
- Pin Oak What to Wear Part 2
- Pin Oak What to Wear Part 1
- Pin Oak at David Peck
- Ronald McDonald House 2015
- Pin Oak at Texas Children Hospital 2015 - Candlelighters
- Pin Oak Texas Children Check Presentation 2015
- 30,000 Walter Oil Grand Prix 2015
- $30,000 USHJA Intl Hunter Derby Valobra
- $25,000 Hildebrand Fund Grand Prix 2015
- $25,000 Hotze Health and Wellnes Grand Prix 2015
- Pin Oak Clays 2015 - “Guns and Roses”
- ArtReach for Pin Oak 2015 at RMH Houston
- Pin Oak What to Wear 2014
- Pin Oak After Party 2014
- Pin Oak 30,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby
- Pin Oak $30,000 Walter Oil and Gas Grand Prix Gala
- Pin Oak $30,000 Hildebrand Fund Grand Prix 2014
- Meet The Riders & Pin Oak Club Members’ Reception
- 2013 Valobra Holiday Celebration for the Pin Oak Charity Horse Show.
- 2013 Ferrari Festival Fun!
- Inaugural Pin Oak Iron Horse Sporting Clays Event
- 2013 Ronald McDonald Family Room Check Presentation
- Pin Oak After Party 2011
- Pin Oak Charity Saturday’s Grand Prix 2013
- Pin Oak Easter Egg Hunt 2013
- $25,000 Pin Oak USHJA International Hunter Derby
- $30,000 Pin Oak Charity Grand Prix 2013
- What to Wear Fashion Show 2013
- $25,000 USHJA International Hunter Jumper Derby
- $30,000 Pin Oak Grand Prix Dinner
- $30,000 Pin Oak Grand Prix Garden Party
- Pin Oak Breed Championship Dinner
Pin Oak Holiday Celebration hosted by Valobra Master Jewelers
TEN FOR TEENS
Here is more on how "Ten for Teens" make a big difference for teen patients at Texas Children's Hospital West Campus:
Dear Pin Oak friends,
I want to share a story about the “Ten for Teens” program Pin Oak and Friends sponsor.
I received a call to assist a family from out of town coming for a CT scan at TCH West campus.
Mother was concerned they would make the 2.5 hour trip and the patient (16 years old) would not comply. The patient has autism and is over sensitive to touch and afraid of needles.
For this exam the child would need an I.V. which mother shared would be difficult due to sensory issues and fear of needles. The patient would also have to drink three cups of oral contrast over the course of an hour, which was also a concern. Finally, the patient would need to then agree to be still while laying in the CT scanner.
Further complicating matters the patient would be hungry, after having nothing to eat or drink since midnight. The patient would have to endure the 2.5 hour trip to Houston, then tolerate the 2 hour process preparing for the procedure once on campus.
As you can imagine at 16 years old, they get bigger and stronger and more adamant about what they are willing to endure.
It was really important to gain the patient’s trust and compliance to make the exam successful for all. As mother and I spoke to develop a plan, mother reported the patient loved Target! I knew right away- I had a motivator, thanks to “Ten for Teens”!
When the family arrived the next day, I had three target gift cards and a Pin Oak Pony in waiting. I provided verbal and picture preparation for the patient and mother, explaining step by step how the visit would go. My patient was quick to communicate protest and dislike. With my Target cards in hand and implementing Child Life services, I was able to offer a little incentive in exchange for cooperation.
Teenagers are especially difficult to reward as a small toy or stuffed animal isn’t always appealing to them. The “Ten for Teens” gift cards helped provide an exciting incentive to motivate the patient to compliance. Many thanks for supporting “Ten for Teens.”
Rachael Walker, BA, CCLS
Certified Child Life Specialist
Texas Children's Hospital West Campus
from Pin Oak
USEF Premier Rated | USHJA Level 5 Jumpers | NAL |
WCHR Event | WIHS Sanctioned Event
POCHSA reserves the right to make changes
to schedules and venue.
The Pin Oak Charity Horse Show Association
is a 501(c)(3) non-profit association benefiting Texas Children's Hospital, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms and Candlelighters of Houston
Copyright © 2000 - 2017
Pin Oak Charity Horse Show Association