- Valobra Holiday Celebration 2016
- What to Wear 2016
- What to Wear Champagne Reception and Luncheon 2016
- Pin Oak at Neiman Marcus 2016
- Kick Off at Houston Club 2017
- Ronald McDonald Check Presentation 2016
- Texas Children Check Presentation 2016
- $30,000 Walter Oil & Gas Grand Prix
- $30,000 Valobra Hunter Derby 2016
- $30,000 Hildebrand Fund Grand Prix 2016
- Sponsor Party at the home of Jana & Scotty Arnoldy
- Pin Oak Valobra Christmas 2015
- Pin Oak What to Wear Part 2
- Pin Oak What to Wear Part 1
- Pin Oak at David Peck
- Ronald McDonald House 2015
- Pin Oak at Texas Children Hospital 2015 - Candlelighters
- Pin Oak Texas Children Check Presentation 2015
- 30,000 Walter Oil Grand Prix 2015
- $30,000 USHJA Intl Hunter Derby Valobra
- $25,000 Hildebrand Fund Grand Prix 2015
- $25,000 Hotze Health and Wellnes Grand Prix 2015
- Pin Oak Clays 2015 - “Guns and Roses”
- ArtReach for Pin Oak 2015 at RMH Houston
- Pin Oak What to Wear 2014
- Pin Oak After Party 2014
- Pin Oak 30,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby
- Pin Oak $30,000 Walter Oil and Gas Grand Prix Gala
- Pin Oak $30,000 Hildebrand Fund Grand Prix 2014
- Meet The Riders & Pin Oak Club Members’ Reception
- 2013 Valobra Holiday Celebration for the Pin Oak Charity Horse Show.
- 2013 Ferrari Festival Fun!
- Inaugural Pin Oak Iron Horse Sporting Clays Event
- 2013 Ronald McDonald Family Room Check Presentation
- Pin Oak After Party 2011
- Pin Oak Charity Saturday’s Grand Prix 2013
- Pin Oak Easter Egg Hunt 2013
- $25,000 Pin Oak USHJA International Hunter Derby
- $30,000 Pin Oak Charity Grand Prix 2013
- What to Wear Fashion Show 2013
- $25,000 USHJA International Hunter Jumper Derby
- $30,000 Pin Oak Grand Prix Dinner
- $30,000 Pin Oak Grand Prix Garden Party
- Pin Oak Breed Championship Dinner
The Show debuted in Houston on May 26, 1945, at J.S. Abercrombie’s Pin Oak Stables, with the proceeds given to charity. In very short order this annual event became THE social event of the season. At one point when hosted at the original stables in Bellaire, tickets for Pin Oak were harder to come by than Kentucky Derby tickets!
In 1948, Pin Oak began a long-term commitment to raise funds to construct, and later support, Texas Children’s Hospital, which opened in Houston in 1954.
During the next three decades, “Mr. Jim” Abercrombie, Leopold Meyer, the Junior League and a group of dedicated Houstonians established Pin Oak as one of the preeminent horse shows in the nation, attracting as many as 60,000 visitors, and enabling the Association to contribute millions to worthy causes. As Pin Oak continues this legacy, our giving continues to grow as Texas Children's Hospital grows. Pin Oak was on the fore of giving for the first community hospital near Katy, Texas know as The West Campus and is to the fore of the next community hospital, The Woodlands Campus.
The new generation of Pin Oak leaders began allocating funds for needed research at Texas Children’s and supporting the construction and maintenance of Family Room Centers at the Hospital staffed by Houston's Ronald McDonald House Family Rooms volunteers. The Family Room Center continues to grow and serve the families of seriously ill children and the children themselves by providing a home away from home. We also lend support to Candlelighters of Houston.
We would like to thank our members and exhibitors for their continued patronage and participation. We are also deeply grateful to all of our sponsors and other contributors whose generous support enables us to carry on the tradition of charitable giving for which Pin Oak was established.
from Pin Oak
USEF Premier Rated | USHJA Level 5 Jumpers | NAL |
WCHR Event | WIHS Sanctioned Event
POCHSA reserves the right to make changes
to schedules and venue.
The Pin Oak Charity Horse Show Association
is a 501(c)(3) non-profit association benefiting Texas Children's Hospital, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms and Candlelighters of Houston
Copyright © 2000 - 2017
Pin Oak Charity Horse Show Association